Funfetti shortbread squares

17:58 0 Comments A+ a-

I was scrolling through pinterest when i came across these funfetti shortbread pieces. I immediately knew i had to make them myself. They looked amazing. I thought they would be cool and fun to make for picnic or for snacking on at home on rainy days like today whilst cuddled up on the sofa. 
This is how i made them.

Ingredients

  • 125g butter
  • 55g caster sugar( plus extra)
  • 180g plain flour
  • Hundreds and thousands
Method
  1. Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees Gas 5
  2. Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth
  3. Sift in the flour, mix and then add your sprinkles and mix some more.
  4. Once a dough is formed roll out on top a worktop and cut into squares. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle sugar over the top. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes
  5. After the shortbread has been chilled, bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until a pale golden brown. Leave to cool and enjoy!







I didnt have any hundreds and thousands and had to make do with the dotty ones, they still worked but they just didnt keep the colour as much.
I hope you enjoy making these, let me know how you decide to enjoy them. Feel free to send me your pictures of the ones youve made, i will love to see how they come out.
xx